Wednesday, May 03, 2006

It is quite a common question that often crosses our mind---

-----When are we sad------

The answer to it might not be as simple as it may seem to one at the outset of this article.... I have tried to analyse this apparenttly simple, but actually not so, but again not all that difficult question.. Putting it simply it comes to you when a dream has been dreamt and that it remains unfulfilled to the extent that it becomes an impossibility and a mere ephemera..

But is it all... Not at all.. through my personal experiences I can now safely say that it - grief that is - also comes to you when your very own philosophy backfires at you at a very critical moment in your life... A philosophy that you have nurtured with your true faith and your firm determination boomerangs back to hurt you and as well leave you mortally wounded... this blog is being created at such a juncture in his life that even the philosopher is being forced to say that this is the death of his exixtence, but realising that that by itself is giving rise to a whole new genre of philosophy... Therefore--- The Alive Dead-Philosopher.

I have always personally held the view that it is the external, that is what you express outward, explains your identity... I would like to refer to "The Miracle of lava Canyon" by O'Henry (Pls read it to understand better), where the fact that one is hiding his fear to act brave, gives him the distinction of being courageous.

But when it comes to relationships it is the latent truth in understanding each other that strengthens the bond between two individuals. In such an intimate relation when the partner now plays with this philosophy, it boomerangs back at you to strike where it hurts the most.. My friend always shared the true thoughts such that the obscure zone between us two gets itself obscured. Quite naturally this at times used to give rise to heavy moods and both of us used to contemplate on a particular issue to resolve it. Now that friend has decided to always act happy such that he may strew joy and apparent happiness to all those around. But the person fails to realise that it is actually perjury, that misleads those who love or know how to love. When confronted with such logic it is quite convenient for that person to refer to the same philosophy about which I have already mentioned. Thus it is now my friend's plan to create the truth by acting out the false and all that what is not; never realising the two pronged attack it is making on the other person's heart...

--- the creation of a schism between two closely bonded persons and the death of a philosophy killing a philosopher from within. ---

4 comments:

Insane Dreamer said...

see dear sorcerer, i think u should stick to ur philosophy becoz i believe that betrayal by one person should never change ur outlook to life. ur philosophy or rather the ideals which u believed and trusted by heart should never be that fragile. i believe and i do suggest that donot change ur outlook (dunno though how ur philosophy boomeranged back). am quoting from my fav song--

"whatever life brings
i've been through everything
and now i am on my knees again.

but I know I must go on,
although I'm hurt I must be strong."

Sorcerer said...

There has been a great fault in my way of explaining as it seems : Look dear i haven't yet been betrayed by any one, just that one of my closest friends has decided to hide the true emotions from me such that i do not feel depressed or anything. Thus in reality that person shall be acting with me of being my old friend when actually a lot has changed.
But if i refer to my philosophy i must realise that what seems on the exterior is all that is important - like the coward man acting brave and being referred to as courageous. Therefore even when i realise that there is a developing difference between us (due to my friend not being able to communicate with me), my philosophy propmts me to accept it (the untruth) as the truth.. Thus it boomerangs back at me..... Let me know if it is now clarified or else i shall try once more to rewrite the post....

Insane Dreamer said...

yep its clarified........i think both of u should talk over the matter among urselves and express. this may end everything i.e doubts and etc.

Anonymous said...

I've been searching for the story "The Miracle of Lava Canyon".. but not found it anywhere..any idea where I might get it??